What the hell do women want? You know what we want? I’m going to tell you what we want. Here’s my list:
10. Honesty. We want you to be yourself. We don’t like surprises, at least not those kind of surprises, so be upfront. If you don’t like onions on your pizza, tell us. If you prefer beer over wine let us know! It’s a sign of maturity. Don’t try to be what you think we want you to be -be yourself.
9. Act your age and pay attention. Get your face out of that video game! Sometimes just being around a man can make us feel good about ourselves. If you have your eyes on the television, how can you see us? We want to be seen, we want to be looked at. How are you going to do that when your attention is elsewhere? Learn how to carry on a conversation with us and more importantly, listen to us, we want to be heard.
8.Be a man. I don’t mean belching after a big meal or farting after sex. For those of us non-lesbians out there, we want our guys to be guys. Take the initiative, make the first move, and make it often. Look into her eyes and let her know you want her. Let nature take its’ course, if you want her, let her know. You were put on this earth to lead, so lead. Do I sound a little old-fashioned? That’s because I am. Real men know how to accept an advance from a woman. I’m all for making the first move, as long as you know how to handle it. If I meet you at the door wrapped in Saran Wrap or wearing nothing but an apron and chef’s hat, you better know what to do with it!
7. Take responsibility. Be responsible for your actions and accept who you are. Life has led you down the road you have chosen. Don’t blame others for your wrong turns and short comings. We love your short comings, it’s part of who you are. And we hate whiners.
6. Never follow the woman. Again-Guess what? We don’t want to lead. We lead because you won’t . If you have a woman “leading you around by the nose” it’s your fault. We want you to be the strong one. If we have a bad day, we want to curl up in your lap and have you hold us. When we cry, we want to be comforted, we want you to make it better. Make sure you put down that newspaper or shut off that television, because yeah, we need you.
5. Don’t leave all the decision making to us! For god’s sake pick the flippin’ restaurant once in a while, or better yet, tell her to meet you at the door naked because you are bringing dinner home.
4. Man up. If you’re insecure about something-get over it. We have already spotted it, dealt with it and accepted it. We still love you, all of you, even whatever it is you are insecure about.
3. Stop needing a woman to need you. If we want a night out with the girls, ask us if we have enough cash and tell us to call you if we need a ride home. Then tell us goodbye and that you love us. We’re not going out to cheat, we’re going out to cut loose and unwind. Trust us, it’s very attractive and makes us feel secure when you do.
2. Continue to improve yourself. Like we do. Both men and women get complacent in relationships. Keep it fresh. Don’t be afraid to try new things. Work out together-naked. Rent a policeman’s uniform and hold her for questioning one night. Don’t forget the handcuffs! Life is short, take chances. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
1. Be spontaneous. Flowers work, whether it’s a single red rose or a bouquet you picked along the road on your way home. (Sigh) Bring her home a nightie wrapped in tissue paper and tied up with ribbons. Get that load of laundry out of the dryer and fold it up when you hear the buzzer go off, before she asks you to. Wash the dishes while she soaks in a bubble bath or soak with her and do the dishes later. Take her away for the weekend, even if it’s not far away. Let her know you love her, let her know you still care and that you want to be with her. And when you’re with her, make her believe there is absolutely no where else on earth you’d rather be, than right there with her.Tell her you love her, there are so many ways to do it!
Even Rob McAllister has to work at it! Here’s an excerpt from my second novel UNDERCOVER:
Rob stayed on his side of the bed determined he would win this battle.
Morgan lay there listening to her own angry breathing. She was angry because he wasn’t trying to make up again and she was angry because she knew he was right. But what should she do? If she gave in they would certainly make love. If she didn’t they would start all over again fighting in the morning.
She rolled to her back. Rob lay there with his arms folded, still staring at the ceiling.
“Shorty went to sleep alright without me?” She asked.
“Yes, he was worn out from the swimming; I fed him a bottle and some cereal.”
“Yeah?” He whispered.
“Me too.” He whispered again still not moving.
Morgan assumed he didn’t want her and decided to roll over and close her eyes. Rob watched her roll away from him. He couldn’t quite figure out what to do next. He did not want to be turned away again. Two refusals from her in one night would hurt his ego. She had never refused his advances before, but she was running luke warm tonight. He decided to play it safe. “Goodnight, Baby.” He said as he kissed her head. He waited for her to roll over, but she didn’t and he lay back on his pillow.
This game of cat and mouse was getting old. Morgan turned around just as Rob was moving closer to her again; he was not going to sleep without kissing and holding her. “Come here, Morgan.” He said as he dragged her to him.
She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I love you.” She whispered. Rob was amazed at how quickly she could go from being angry to being sweet.
He pulled the pink nightgown over her head and turned her over on her stomach. He started to kiss her back while he moved her hair out of his way. He massaged her back from her shoulders down to her feet. He rubbed her through her panties before he slid them down her long legs. As he gently moved her legs apart, he moved on top of her.
“Rob, what are you doing?”
“What do you think I’m doing?” He whispered in her ear as he moved again, slipping himself inside of her.
She moaned softly beneath him as he started to move within her. He kissed her neck and back as he held her arms down. His movements grew quicker and harder causing Morgan to cry out. Rob froze, “Am I hurting you?” He asked.
Morgan kept her head down, “No!” She laughed.
That was all he needed to continue. Once again he began to move into her causing her to orgasm over and over. When he finished, he collapsed on top of her.
“That was new.” Morgan finally said as she raised her head.
Rob rolled from her laughing. “I heard some of the guys talking about it at work.”
“What?” Morgan asked. “You talk about me at work?”
“No, I said I heard some guys talking about it at work.” He explained. “I thought it sounded fun, you seemed to like it.”
“Rob!” She sounded shocked.
“Come here, I have another one.” He said as he grabbed her and pulled her on top of him. “Remember what I wanted to do to you after the concert?”
Morgan giggled as she remembered and Rob pulled the comforter over their heads.
That excerpt about covered it all! Take a shot-what have you got to loose?